Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 31, 2026

August 24-31

As I imagined the last eight days of August were indeed very uneventful, it gave me a great chance to rest and allow myself to heal further. I'm not having any discomfort (outside of what one might associate with a man my age) but I'm certainly not pushing myself beyond what I'm realistically capable of these days. Each day featured a morning run for a handful of groceries (no more than I can carry comfortably) and a stop for lunch, the exceptions were Wednesday and Saturday when Jenny and her mother were involved. The one real highlight of the week was on Saturday, we were at another birthday party. Jenny's brother Frank has a grandson who turned one year of age on the 27th, the party was at a recreational park on the western edge of the county where the mighty Conestoga River empties into the mighty Susquehanna River. I've always said if you attend one child's birthday party you've basically attended them all but this one was special because it was Noah's first birthday and he's only going to be One Year Old one time in his life. High school football began on the 28th, the ongoing stadium renovations at McCaskey are coming along as well and it looks like they may make it after all. I'll be working three of JPM's four home dates (only four AGAIN) and two of Lancaster Catholic's five (the usual number), the three LCHS absences are due to conflicts with McCaskey and the one game I'll miss at JPM is because the Royals are at home that night and the professional commitments must obviously come first. September begins with the Stormers coming home on the 1st. Take care, thanks for reading.