Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 20, 2026

August 10-20

Softball season is over at Garrett Park in Willow Street, the playoffs were a single-elimination bracket format. In the quarterfinals Memorial defeated Lancaster, the semifinals saw the Silver Bullets win over Kelly's and Peach Bottom victorious over Memorial, in the championship on the 13th Peach Bottom took the title over the Bullets. I was there all three nights, on that Thursday I was suddenly hit with the mother of all stomachaches. The pain was intense and constant, around midnight or so I ended up going to the ER because I simply couldn't stand it any longer. They examined me and said I had a hernia (which I already knew) plus an inflamed intestine. They put a call in to the department that had pumped the stomach fluid from me on July 31, they took out another fifteen pounds of it in addition to the twenty-two from the earlier date. They said I could undergo an operation to repair the hernia and intestine but the procedure had a 35% mortality rate, I consented and on Friday afternoon I went "under the knife". When I awakened in the recovery room and realized where I was I asked how the procedure had gone and they said it was GREAT, Everything was GREAT and I Was GREAT. From there I was taken upstairs to my room where I stayed until I was discharged the following Thursday at noon. I spent the rest of the day at home relaxing and resting up, with a completely empty week coming up there will be plenty of time for continued healing. I don't know, friends: if I ever decide to write my autobiography I may very well call it "Cheating Death And Taking Names". Take care, thanks for reading.