Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 31, 2026

July 27-31

Monday night in Willow Street, the league's regular season is winding down with playoffs on the horizon. Kelly's and Memorial played a doubleheader with each team winning the game in which they batted as the visitors. Tuesday and Wednesday were rather mundane, Thursday and Friday were another story altogether. Back in March I noticed an unusual bulge and swelling in my abdomen, my heart doctor said it was the start of a possible hernia. Thy referred me to a digestive specialist, when I saw him (TWO MONTHS LATER!!!) he examined it and said there were several routes we could take to relieve it. Since them absolutely nothing has been done and on Thursday I reached my breaking point. I went to the office  unannounced and asked them straight out what in the hell we were going to DO about it. They looked up my records, noted I'd had a CT scan in May (after I had seen the doctor) and asked me if anyone ever called me with the results, When I told them nobody called they said someone dropped the ball, had I been informed they could have had it taken care of weeks ago. They put the wheels in motion and on Friday I was at the hospital. They did what is called a paracentesis (whatever the hell that is), by the time they finished they had pumped twenty-two pounds of waste fluid from my stomach. The area is still swollen but I'm scheduled for a follow-up on August 4 so we'll learn more then. Take care, thanks for reading.