Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 9, 2026

July 8-9

With this post we reach a milestone of sorts, this is the 1,900th entry in this blog since it was moved here in November 2010. It actually existed elsewhere before then but was transferred when the original host became incompatible, I saved those entries in print form in case I ever decide to write a book (although I can't think of anyone who would actually read it). On Wednesday night we were at the ballpark, the Stormers hosted Southern Maryland in game #2. In the opener on Tuesday it was all Blue Crabs, on this night it was all Stormers as the ballclub did just enough to scratch out a 2-0 win. Nathan Martorella's solo shot over the picnic tents in right field broke the ice in the fifth inning, in the eighth Jalen Battles' RBI hit added an insurance run. On the mound Noah Bremer pitched six innings of three-hit ball with nine strikeouts with Ronnie Voacolo, Cole Patten and Phil Diehl sealing the deal (weak pun intended) in the ninth for the save. On Thursday the teams played an 11:00 camp day game, as is my wont I was not present as the Stormers won again to take a 2-1 series lead. Take care, thanks for reading.