Monday night softball at Garrett Park, Kelly's played two games and split with a loss to Peach Bottom and a win over Lancaster. On Tuesday the Stormers returned home for the latest edition of The War Of The Roses, a six-game series with our neighbors from West Of The River. Since the second half of the ALPB schedule began the Revolution has (as the expression goes) been trending upward, the Stormers not so much. On this night the trends continued as the Revs won the series opener 5-1. Two runs scored in the top of the second on Austin Bates' RBI hit and a wild pitch, in the fourth Bates struck again with two men on to make it 4-0 Revs. An RBI hit by Shed Long Jr. upped the lead to five in the fifth, the Stormers broke the shutout bid in the sixth on a Michael Snyder solo home run. The starting pitchers were of record, Shawn Rapp for the visitors and Noah Bremer for the home team. The best part of the evening came before the game itself even started, as I was entering the ballpark I heard John's voice on the PA and felt glad he was there. I stopped into the booth to say hello and express my condolences personally, I also had a sympathy card for him that Jenny, Helen and I had signed. He said he was there because he believed it was the best therapy and Suzanne wouldn't have wanted him to be absent, I told him I was a proponent of that myself. It might not work for everyone but I've always felt that the best thing during troubled times is to go about your business and do what you would be doing anyway, sitting around thinking about it doesn't do anyone any good. Take care, thanks for reading.
