Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

September 28-30

In keeping with tradition the last three days of September were about as slow as the month itself had been. On Monday I was at the health campus for a CT scan, this was originally scheduled for August 18 but was rescheduled since I was in the hospital at that point. The scan on that day was to be done in a building directly across from the hospital but there was obviously no way I was getting there unless they would have wheeled me across the street in my bed with the IVs still connected. I have a follow-up with the doctor on October 8, we'll know how it all came out then. As October approaches business should begin to pick up a bit, McCaskey plays its long-awaited football home opener on the 2nd. Boys soccer, girls soccer and field hockey have their Senior Nights coming up and the Royals open their twenty-fifth season with an exhibition game at the Arena on the 10th. The home schedule feature division rivals Norfolk, Adirondack, Trois Rivieres, Maine, Worcester, Greensboro plus the newly-minted Trenton Ironhawks (Trenton's return to the league after a thirteen-year absence). Wheeling is no longer in the division but we'll still see them as a non-divisional opponent, the Kalamazoo Wings and the Cincinnati Cyclones are also on the schedule (first time since 2023 for the K-Wings, the Cyclones last visited in 2018). Take care, thanks for reading.