Labor Day (aka The Last Day Of Summer) was on the 7th, the next day I was at the hospital for the procedure they were supposed to have done back on August 4. I don't know what it was called (it has a technical name that contains half the alphabet) or how my surgery may have affected it but the doctor said everything went well and everything looks good. I needed a driver to and from, Marty helped out with that and the whole thing took about two hours. Once Marty had me home I hit the recliner and slept off what remained of the anesthesia, by 3:30 or so I felt good enough to be up for the rest of the day. Later in the evening it finally caught up to me, I slept soundly overnight into Wednesday. They had cautioned me against any driving until Wednesday morning, we had our usual lunch date in Quarryville. In the evening I was at the ballpark, the Stormers hosted the Hagerstown Flying Boxcars in game #2 of a three-game series. These games comprised the Boxcars' lone visit for the season, the Stormers had won the opener on Tuesday and on this night they made it two in a row. The visitors took a 2-0 lead in the second, in the home third the Stormers put five on the board on RBI hits from Melvin Mercedes, Aaron Schunk and Tristan English plus a two-run double by Tyler Miller. A single run in the fourth and three in the fifth put Hagerstown back up 6-5, an insurance run in the seventh put the Stormers down by two. In the eighth the volcano erupted for the second time, a six-run salvo gave the Stormers the lead for good. RBI singles from Miller and Adam Hackenberg along with Schunk's three-run triple keyed the uprising, the sixth run (and the eleventh of the game) scored on an error. Phil Diehl won it in relief of Jason Bollman with Lenny Torres working the ninth in a non-save situation. The home season comes to a close on Thursday. Take care, thanks for reading.
