Saturday morning lunch with Jenny and her mother, it's something we have been doing for years and it won't be changing anytime soon. Whenever I'm there we usually make a grocery run since neither Jenny or Helen drive, on other days their neighbors help out as needed. In the evening I was back at the ballpark for a very special occasion. Earlier in the season longtime Stormers broadcaster Dave Collins (who I have known personally since 1993) had announced his impending retirement, on this night the organization honored him with a pregame ceremony and a bobblehead giveaway (and unlike many bobbleheads this one actually resembles Dave to an amazing degree). I first met him when he came to work in the Eastern League with the Orioles' affiliate in Bowie, Maryland, during those days I was (as I often refer to it) Up North During Happier Times. Dave joined the Stormers when the franchise started in 2005 and is the only broadcaster the club has ever had, he'll be missed. In the game itself the Stormers took a 1-0 lead in the second on a Scott Kelly RBI single, over the next two innings visiting Southern Maryland scored six unanswered runs to go up by five. Mason Martin's fourth-inning solo shot made it 6-2, in the fifth Aaron Schunk went yard for the final marker of the night. The final was 6-3, Luke Albright (back from a prolonged injury absence) got the start and took the loss. The Stormers took the Sunday finale in my absence, the home season finishes with Hagerstown visiting on the 8th. Take care, thanks for reading.
